Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pearls Before Swine


For a few years now, one of my favorite comic strips has been Pearls Before Swine. The simply drawn strip has animal characters with straightforward names. The pleasingly dense Pig and the over the top sadistic Rat come into contact with a host of other characters - Zebra, Croc, etc. Rat even recently discovered the narcissistic joy of blogging.

I subscribe to the online comics provider, comics.com who sends me a daily email of my favorite syndicated comics, this one included. Since I'm a bit of a comic hound, I also subscribe to
mycomicspage.com where I'm also able to select from a slew of comics. It's from this second site that I'm also able to get an almost daily dose of political comics - some of which can really hit the spot. I think that this is what helped me through the last presidential election - masking my pain with all of the laughter. I highly recommend both of these services, as they were the main reason I ever subscribed to the newspaper anyway.

No comments: